Welcome to TAG's online Board Induction Course.
Enrolment details from a TAG member organisation must be submitted to gain access.
This course is available to TAG fee paying members for free.
Non fee paying members can access the course at a cost. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
BENEFITS OF BOARD INDUCTION
Effective Board Induction is critical to ensuring a well functioning board and establishing an effectual governance culture within your organisation.
The TAG Onine Board Induction course addresses the principles and underlying foundations that are critical to the induction of any Australian board director – including student board directors.
* It is the responsibility of each campus to extend the induction of their student board directors beyond this course in order to address individual organisational requirements and culture.
REGISTRATION FOR THE COURSE
To register for access to the course - fee paying members can download enrolment forms HERE.
Member details captured in the enrolment form enables the course to be "skinned" with each enrolled member's organisation’s colours and logo and enables the course to be hosted as a branded service on your own organisation’s website. Enrolled users, including Student Directors, will then have access to the course from your own organisation’s website - link details will be provided upon registration.
TAG team member Shahrin Leontarou will be the administrator of member and student enrolments for the course. Each registered member will need to forward their student enrolment details via a pre-set csv format (included in the enrolment form). All enrolment details and enquiries must be sent to Shahrin - email@example.com
DETAILS OF THE COURSE
The Online Board Induction Course addresses governance principles, director duties and responsibilities and is set in the following four modules:
Module 1: Corporate Governance and the Role of the Board
Module 2: Rights, Duties and Responsibilities of Directors
Module 3: Fundamentals of Board Reporting
Module 4: Boards that add value
Each module includes a set of pertinent information slides, interactive activities and a final quiz. Each module quiz must be completed to a level of 100% for the user to progress forward.
The program also features:
- reporting capabilities to help you track the progress of each enrolled student and annual board cohort
- calendar functions to schedule board meetings, plus
- member to student communication options
The TAG Online Board Induction course addresses the principles and underlying foundations that are critical to the induction of any Australian board director – including student board directors.
* It is the responsibility of each campus to extend the induction of their board directors beyond the course in order to address individual organisational requirements and culture.
The course was written by Martin Grey from Jeito Pty Ltd. Martin is an international Board specialist with 12 years experience, specialising in board governance, board reviews, workshops and published articles.
Martin Grey is available for board reviews, training, strategy workshops and more - +61 2 9965 3732.
- Institute of Community Directors Australia
- Developing an Effective Director Induction Process – Tips & Tools - Priscilla Bryans, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills.
- The Importance of a Good Board Induction – Andrea Comastri, Senior Consultant, Matrix on Board Consulting
- Boards Driving Value: A How-To Guide for Your Board – James Beck, Better Boards