The 2017 CampusLink Awards were presented at the annual Gala Awards Dinner on Tuesday 16th May 2017 at the National Arboretum, Canberra.
Presented by representative Board Directors of TAG, the awarded categories focused on excellence across a wide range of aspects that bring the success of student services alive.
This gala event presented a fabulous opportunity for winners to stand out amongst their peers, showcase their skills, talents and innovation and inspire others within the sector. Not only that, it was a wonderful occassion to celebrate successes with team members and peers alike.
2017 had eight overarching sector categories encompassing nineteen awards, including the TAG Strategic Partner Award.
We are excited to announce the following member campuses as winners of the 2017 CampusLink Awards:
2017 AWARD CATEGORIES
BEST RETAIL CAMPAIGN NEW
- WINNER - University of Sydney Union - 'Look #instagood Grad Wear Campaign'
BEST FOOD and BEVERAGE OFFERING NEW
- WINNER - Curtin Student Guild - 'Sushi Me'
MOST SUCCESSFUL STUDENT ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM
- WINNER - Swinburne Student Amenities Association - 'Student Leadership and Volunteer Program'
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - Bendigo Student Association - 'Community Door'
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - University Queensland Union - 'Rapid HIV and Syphilis Testing Clinic
MOST SUCCESSFUL STUDENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- WINNER - Flinders University Student Assocation - 'FUSA Development Grants'
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - Bendigo Student Association/ LaTrobe University Student Union/ Wodonga Student Association - 'Student Leasership Conference 2016'
MOST SUCCESSFUL EVENT (student run or focussed)
- WINNER - Arc @ UNSW - 'Phil' 24 hour Fun-A-Thon'
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - Western Sydney University and uwsconnect Food Services Ltd - '2016 Mental Health and Wellbeing Month, Chill Stations'
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - Campus Life Macquarie - 'Re:Conception Festival 2016'
BEST ORIENTATION EVENT NEW
- WINNER - University Sydney Union - 'Welcome to Sydney - International Orientation'
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - Monash Student Association - 'Host Scheme Camp'
BEST MARKETING CAMPAIGN
- WINNER - Flinders University Student Association - 'Don't Let It Escalate - Student Assist Program'
BEST STUDENT PUBLICATION
- WINNER - University of South Australia Student Association- 'Verse Magazine'
BEST PROMOTIONAL ITEM
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - University of Queensland Union - UQU Rainbow Logo T-Shirt
MOST EFFECTIVE NEW or UPGRADED WEBSITE
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - Arc @ UNSW
BEST NEW or REFURBISHED BUILDING or FACILITY - with 3 budget categories:
- UNDER $100,000
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - Monash Student Association - 'Vancora, the MSA van'
- $100,000 - $999,999
- WINNER - University of Sydney Union - 'Fisher Kiosk'
- OVER $1M
- WINNER - University of Western Australia Student Guild - 'Club Collaborative Zone'
BEST STAFF TRAINING PROGRAM NEW
- no entries for 2017
BEST NEWCOMER AWARD NEW
- WINNER - Caroline Crawford - University of Sydney Union
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - Elise Walker - University of Western Australia Student Guild
TAG STRATEGIC PARTNER of the YEAR AWARD
- WINNER - Vittoria Coffee
JOE CURTIS TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIP - $5K
- WINNER - Caroline Crawford
GEORGESON TORNEY INDUSTRY LEADERS AWARD
- WINNER - Bryan Hill - Griffith University
TOM O'SULLIVAN AWARD
- no recipient for 2017
BUSINESS LEADERSHIP AWARDS:
Business Leadership Award - Members (no entries for 2017)
Business Leadership Award - Supplier (no entries for 2017)
Introduction to the 2018 CampusLink Awards will commence soon. Be ready for your opportunity to shine!
For any queries please contact Shahrin Leontarou E: [email protected] M: 0405 839 694