TAG’s members’ services – from food and beverage outlets to stationery and convenience stores, activities and events, national competitions, sports and fitness, entertainment and childcare - is vast and varied. Since 1999, they have supported more than a million students spread across more than 200 campuses – practically every university in Australia, along with a large number of TAFEs. So it helps that TAG is a co-operative owned and run by its 70-plus member organisations, which include universities, student unions, guilds and associations, sports associations, as well as smaller campus groups. This means they’re in close and constant touch with their trend-conscious and demanding student market.
We’re determined to remain relevant to what students want. As part of that, we embrace our broad, diversified scope -a not-for-profit organisation that, through our commercial activity, encourages and supports student engagement, professional and personal development, social justice and environmental advocacy. Basically, we’re here supporting our members who are creating community on campus, so that the student experience is as rewarding as possible. We’re a unique business – quite unlike anything else.
TAG is a co-operative. To become a Member, your organisation MUST be a not-for-profit, non-academic service providers on a tertiary education institute. Membership is restricted to tertiary service providers and is by a once-only purchase of shares, the amount of which is dependent upon the number of students enrolled at the Member association’s tertiary institution:
- with up to 5,000 students $200 (2,000 shares)
- between 5,001 - 15,000 students $400 (4,000 shares)
- more than 15,001 students $600 (6,000 shares)
From a commercial perspective, membership of TAG:
- Provides far greater combined buying power than would be achieved by an individual institution regardless of size or location.
- Enables members to improve their financial bottom line.
- Supports members to better serve their student populations and overall customer base.
- Provides national, regional, local and site-specific promotional strategies and benchmarking to drive sales and student engagement
- Enables negotiations to be primarily carried out direct with the manufacturer or importer, eliminating wholesalers or agents and ensuring best possible pricing.
- Strengthens the sector via a unified organisation, attracting and accessing national and regional marketing funds otherwise inaccessible to individual members.
- Provides access to expert assistance via consultation, member interaction, shared knowledge and professional development.
After the initial share purchase, members pay an annual service fee at the start of each calendar year. This fee is calculated on student enrolments and the financial benefit of the member’s previous year of membership.
If you are ineligible for membership under the above criteria, please visit the Benefits Partner page to learn more about alternative means of participation with TAG.
Enquiries regarding Membership should be made via email to the Managing Director, Andrew Leontarou.